понеділок, 9 березня 2020 р.

Job Interview

Read some useful tips on how to behave in the interview

      You should keep the eye contact with the Manager.
      You should keep smiling at the interview.
      You shouldn’t make a bone crashing handshake.
      You should give only relevant information about yourself, not tell the Manager your biography.
      You should turn off your cell phone. If you forget to do it and your phone is ringing, you should apologize and turn it off without checking up who is calling.
      You should not wear too much perfume.
      You should not set a stress on your weak points. On the contrary, you should concentrate on the points which can be improved.
      You should have a copy of your CV/resume
      You can ask for a Manager’s business card.
      You should ask right questions and answer the Manager’s questions right. 
Listening

Part I: Listen and repeat these expressions           

What the interviewer says
  • I’m looking for someone who can…
  • Do you know how to ...
  • Do you have much experience in …
  • How long were you working as a …
  • Have you ever …?
  • What type of person would you say you are?
  • What three adjectives would you use to describe yourself?
  • Tell me about your employment history.
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
  • Why would you be good for this position?
  • Why are you interested in this position?
  • What would you do in this situation?
  • What do you do in your free time?
  • Have you ever had to do this before?
  • What do you know about our company?
  • Tell me about yourself
  • Why are you suited for this position?
  • What did you like about your previous positions?
  • What didn’t you like?
  • Tell me about your greatest achievements.
  • What sort of salary are you hoping to earn?
What you say
  • I’m good at…
  • I know how to …
  • I’ve had experience with …
  • I was working for 10 years as a …
  • I’m hardworking / independent / good at working in a team / ambitious, etc.
  •  I have initiative, drive, ambition and good computer skills.


Read and translate the dialogue:
¾    Good morning, I’m here for my interview.
¾    Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Mr. Snider. Have you any trouble finding the place?
¾    No problem.
¾    So why don’t you tell me why you are interested in changing positions?
¾    Unfortunately, our company is shutting down due to the economy.
¾    What would you consider you strength?
¾    I am probably best at researching for marketing purposes.
¾    What is your biggest weakness?
¾    I tend to get bored easily and so love to keep myself challenged.
¾    We have a position where that could work out well.

Do the task: Some Tips for Teens to Succeed the Interview.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар

Популярні публікації